Zane Mirfin Fly Fishing: Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast, North Canterbury
Classic Angling Road Trips through the top of the South Island.
|Mountain Gateway: Access special places.
||Special Places & Special Fish: Cherry-pick the best fish.
Fish the Last Best Places: In the eternal competition for resources, you deserve to fish wisely, and to cherry-pick the best of the fishing resources available. Experience Classic Angling Road Trips throughout the top of the South Island.
Zane Mirfin Epic Road Trip:
- Fly Fishing Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast, North Canterbury & Beyond.
- Our most popular guided fly fishing experience over three decades – hundreds of happy anglers!
- Choose the best times and best places.
- Accommodation options left flexible to make sure you are fishing the best locations given river flows, weather, time of year, angler preferences, mouse plagues, specific guide intelligence.
- Sight-Fish Alpine & Mountain waters on the East & West Coasts of the South Island for wild brown trout in pristine waters.
- Incorporate some wilderness helicopter fishing and/or wilderness campout(s), if your budget or desire allows.
- All road trips ex-Nelson Airport, unless organised otherwise.
- Contact Aimee or Zane for 2017 - 2018 dates
This epic journey embraces the freedom of spirit and sense of adventure that are the essence of a classic angling road trip. You will be guided through a rich tapestry of beautiful rivers, small towns, fascinating history, evening entertainment, local characters and inspirational scenery. Great fishing too.
“I’m sure our success was due, in large measure, to your skills and knowledge. Everything about the trip exceeded my expectations. The EPIC adventure was truly Epic. The camaraderie, the environment, the fishing, the interaction with everyday New Zealanders, was all better than expected. Your programme is flexible and customised to your client and is a much better option than going to a full service fishing lodge in my opinion…” Jim Stievater, USA, January 2010.
- These are 5-8 day road trips where we fish our way to the best and most exciting locations & rivers.
- Travel the magic triangle between St. Arnaud, Nelson Lakes; Hanmer Springs, North Canterbury; and Reefton, West Coast.
- Secure, weather-tight, lockable 5’x 4’ shuttle trailer to keep your gear safe & dry between accommodations.
Guide Rate Only NZ$900 per day: For 1-2 anglers. Includes all guiding, vehicle & boat transport. No extra long day fee. Customer pays accommodation and all meals etc, including for guide. Helicopter and/or campout fees extra (if required).